[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: LDAP Authentication

creative777 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 22 07:07:11 EDT 2007

I was able to get it to authenticate users but authorize anyone since there was no admin role.

Since most organizations directory services group won't go for adding a role called admin or administrator. This name is already used within our AD so we cannot use it for JBoss, the role name should be configurable.

Additionally, the userCtx is not a subtree search, you have to add in the DN for every container that has a user who access the portal. Our users  are located in a subtree of containers org'ed by group and department. THis should be configurable, I see it in the code for roleCtx so I would think it would be easy to fix.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4076749#4076749

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4076749