[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - How is query-timeout implemented ( set-tx-query-timeout )?

alchemista do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 22 09:11:50 EDT 2007

Hello,

I realize I could view the source code to learn this, but for those who cannot do so, can someone explain how query-timeout DS configuration is actually implemented in JBoss 4.0.3+?

If I have a query running for longer than the timeout period, does JBoss simply follow the JDBC spec and throw a SQLException?

Does it do anything beyond that such as thread control, modifying the connection pool, etc?

Does the query-timeout have any effect on Connection rollback()?  If not, is there a way to also put a timeout on the rollback whereby an exception will be thrown?

Thank You

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4076845#4076845

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4076845