[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - assigning user to taskinstance, does nothing

ricardomarques do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 22 10:04:23 EDT 2007

Hi guys

I'm trying to reassign a task instance to a new user, but i can't, the information don't get saved on database, and i get no error output, i think that's some with the way that the connection to the engine is made.

I open a connection when the first JSF phase begins and ended when the JSF las phase ends.

were are some code:

Code from my Command interface implementation:

  | public Object execute(JbpmContext jbpmContext) throws Exception {
  |
  |         /* Verify if all the needed attributes are set */
  |         if ((this.taskInstanceId == 0) || (this.username == null))
  |             throw new NotSetWorkflowException("missing required command attributes!");
  |
  |         /* updates the task instance with new actor */
  |         TaskInstance taskInstance = jbpmContext.getTaskInstanceForUpdate(this.taskInstanceId);
  |         taskInstance.setActorId(username,true);
  |
  |         return taskInstance;
  |     }

This code is called like this:

  | Command cmd = new AssignUserToTaskCommand(taskInstanceId,username);
  | engine.execute(cmd); // -> this calls the command.execute()

my phase listenner:

  | public void beforePhase(PhaseEvent phaseEvent) {
  |
  |         if (phaseEvent.getPhaseId() == PhaseId.RESTORE_VIEW) {
  |             getJbpmEngine(phaseEvent).openJbpmContext();
  |         }
  |
  |     }
  |
  |     public void afterPhase(PhaseEvent phaseEvent) {
  |
  |         if (phaseEvent.getPhaseId() == PhaseId.RENDER_RESPONSE) {
  |             getJbpmEngine(phaseEvent).closeJbpmContext();
  |         }
  |
  |     }

Jbpm: 3.2.1
mysql 5
Jboss 4.0.5

I appreciate some feedback on this please, thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4076876#4076876

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4076876