[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - EJB initialization

edwiles do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 22 12:05:28 EDT 2007

Hello,

We have a stateless session bean that encapsulates a job scheduler, with a web service interface to add/remove jobs. There must be only one instance of the job scheduler running in JBoss at any one time.

1. How can we get the bean to initialize when JBoss starts up? Even if we make the scheduler a static variable, it only constructs when the bean is first accessed by a web service client.

2. Does JBoss ever use multiple JVMs to run its EJBs? If it does, we cannot make the scheduler a static variable because it may have multiple instances within JBoss. What should we do in that case?

Many thanks

Ed

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4076953#4076953

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4076953