[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Using JSF + POJO + EntityBean design

stephen.friedrich do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 22 13:57:50 EDT 2007

Here's my understanding of this issue, somebody correct me if I'm wrong:

* JSF, Seam-annotated POJOs plus JPA- or plain hibernate entities is certainly possible without EJB support. Of course Seam POJOs support conversations.
* The seam reference manual is sparse to say the least, see section "25.4. Configuring Seam in Java SE, without JBoss Embedded"
* Remoting won't work because it uses JMS
* The "jpa" example is a variation of the booking example without EJB and can be deployed on Tomcat without the JBoss embedded ejb container.
* In general JBoss does not recommend this solution because it is not tested as much as Seam in a full EE container.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4076995#4076995

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4076995