[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: How are @In(create = true) and @Name connected?

wise_guybg do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 23 06:40:41 EDT 2007

Thanks for the explanation. It has helped me turn my attention on the In annotation. Here is what the javadoc states:

  |    /**
  |     * Specifies that a component should be instantiated
  |     * if the context variable is null.
  |     */
  |    boolean create() default false;

and have a look at Component.java
private static Object getInstance(String name, boolean create, Object result)

where it is said that:

  |       if (result==null && create)
  |       {
  |         result = getInstanceFromFactory(name);
  |         if (result==null)
  |         {
  |            if (component==null)
  |            {
  |               //needed when this method is called by JSF
  |               if ( log.isDebugEnabled() ) log.debug("seam component not found: " + name);
  |            }

And here it is:
2007-08-23 13:26:51,459 DEBUG [org.jboss.seam.Component] seam component not found: examData

I understand it better now.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4077246#4077246

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4077246