[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - deployment to remote JBoss - how to make application survive

zeehond do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 23 10:16:12 EDT 2007

We're building an application (Management Console) that will be managing other applications deployed JBoss instances running on remote nodes.

There's JMX interface and MainDeployer MBean (didn't check JSR88 stuff yet).
An application is deployed by deploy(URL) method of MainDeployer, so all I need is to expose EAR to be deployed from Management Console via http and pass its URL in a remote JMX call to MainDeployer.

However, there's a problem.
Applications being deployed in such a way are stored in /tmp directory (looking at MainDeployer code just confirmed it) and when the server is restarted, they just vanish!

Of course there are a couple of workarounds, most silly thing I could think about is a tiny 'agent' application that will reside in remote JBoss, accept application to be deployed as file upload and then put it into server's /deploy directory. But this is kinda ugly, with all that jazzy JMX around.

Better solution, anyone?
Many thanks in advance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4077363#4077363

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4077363