[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - TreeCache eviction erratic

sg283 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 23 11:51:35 EDT 2007

I am using JBoss Cache 1.4.3SP3 (TreeCache in Local mode). I am facing the problem that tree cache eviction is behaving erratically.
I have regions with same eviction policy but different timeToLiveSeconds.

In one of the regions, timeToLiveSeconds is 2073600 seconds (i.e. 24 days). Sometimes the nodes evict earliar than 24 days.
I tried testing this by increasing the system date, but the nodes did not evict.
Please suggest.
Here is my treecache-config file:-
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

		jboss:service=Naming
		jboss:service=TransactionManager

			tg.JBossTransactionManagerLookup

		PESSIMISTIC
		READ_UNCOMMITTED
		LOCAL
		15000
		10000

			com.tg.cache.eviction.TG_LRUPolicy

				1

					500
					2073600

					10
					1000

	                <!-- if passivation is true, only the first cache loader is used; the rest are ignored -->
	                <!-- Enabling the activation\passivation -->
	                false
	                <!-- comma delimited FQNs to preload -->

	                <!-- are the cache loaders shared in a cluster? -->
	                false

	                <!-- we can now have multiple cache loaders, which get chained -->
	                <!-- the 'cacheloader' element may be repeated -->

	                    tg.JDBCCacheLoader
	                    <!-- same as the old CacheLoaderConfig attribute -->

	                        cache.jdbc.table.name=CACHEFLIGHT
	                        cache.jdbc.table.create=true
	                        cache.jdbc.table.drop=false
	                        cache.jdbc.table.primarykey=jbosscache_pk
	                        cache.jdbc.fqn.column=fqn
	                        cache.jdbc.fqn.type=varchar(255)
	                        cache.jdbc.node.column=node
	                        cache.jdbc.node.type=longblob
	                        cache.jdbc.parent.column=parent
	                        cache.jdbc.datasource=java:tgds

	                    <!-- whether the cache loader writes are asynchronous -->
	                    false
	                    <!-- only one cache loader in the chain may set fetchPersistentState to true.
	                        An exception is thrown if more than one cache loader sets this to true. -->
	                    true
	                    <!-- determines whether this cache loader ignores writes - defaults to false. -->
	                    false
	                    <!-- if set to true, purges the contents of this cache loader when the cache starts up.
	                    Defaults to false.  -->
	                    false

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4077417#4077417

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4077417