[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Problem deploying from Java Studio Creator

aerostra do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 23 16:22:42 EDT 2007

By any chance are you using the text field as part of a data entry form or similar and then using submit at which point the error occurs? You might want to try this:

1) Click on the text field
2) Check the Properties sidebar, Data section 'required' is unticked

If that doesn't solve it, the way I did on my project (done using JBP 2.4.1 as I haven't moved to 2.6 yet) was to check for the text field for null and then set it to be a value if null and set in the sessionbean. Assuming you are using a submit button, then put that check in the button_action() method.

If you are setting data into the textfield, make sure it is in the prerender() method.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4077528#4077528

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4077528