[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Server Getting Shutdown

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 24 11:42:37 EDT 2007

IF you used nohup and the app server is still shutting down after some time, then someone must be shutting it down. There are only two ways I know it can be shut down:

1) The java process gets a SIGINT signal (if this is the problem, good luck finding out who is sending SIGINT, I don't know of any way to track this)

2) Someone called the shutdown() method on the jboss.system:type=Server MBean. You might be able to track down who is making this call, it would take some coding though. Or you could secure the invoker.

Regarding Putty, I recall helping someone else who was using Putty and on closing the Putty window the server would shut down.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4077850#4077850

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4077850