[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Can action called from button avoid committing transacti

tynor do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 24 17:44:06 EDT 2007

Thanks Matt.

anonymous wrote : You probably want flushMode=manual

Some problems with this:

1) I've been trying to avoid dependencies on non-standard vendor extensions. (my read of the Seam manual is that this is Hibernate specific)

2) I really just want to keep this specific function from triggering a commit.  I'm happy to let my persist() function participate in a seam managed transaction - i just want to disable it for this action function.

3) This requires that I explicitly start a new conversation. I'm currently using a seam-gen derived page.xml that says:

  | <begin-conversation join="true"/>

If I were to remove that from page.xml, where would I put the @Begin?  On  wire() ? Then I'll need to @End in any of my cancel/persist/update/remove actions (i.e. I'll need to not just use the ones inherited from EntityHome?).  I don't want the manual flush to be propagated to other pages -- i really want to restrict it just to this action.

There seems to be no way to tell the TransactionalSeamPhaseListener that this request ought not start a new transaction. Am I screwed?

I should ask: Is there some other way for me to accomplish what I'm trying to do?  (I need to dynamically grow a list by clicking a button and redisplay the page, where a dataTable contains the new item)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4077946#4077946

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4077946