[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: How to end converstation when user doesn't cooperate?

tynor do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Aug 25 19:29:21 EDT 2007

My last reply prompted me to confirm that the following button does in fact reset the id in the home class:

  |     <s:div styleClass="actionButtons" rendered="#{empty from}">
  |         <s:button view="/WidgetEdit.xhtml"
  |                     id="create"
  |                  value="Create widget">
  |             <f:param name="widgetWidgetId"/>
  |         </s:button>
  |     </s:div>

You'd think that that means that setWidgetWidgetId() would get called with null (which would in turn call setId(null) and reset the instance to null).  In fact, it's never called!    So maybe my problems are not conversational so much as due to the fact that the mechanism for setting id is broken or otherwise not being invoked.  Is there something wrong with the above?  Can I pass a null explicitly?

I've tried

  |             <f:param name="widgetWidgetId" value="#{null}"/>

but my breakpoint in setId() is never called for my Create Button...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4078080#4078080

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4078080