[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: How to end converstation when user doesn't cooperate?

matt.drees do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Aug 25 22:54:20 EDT 2007

"tynor" wrote :
  | Recall that these are seam-gen generated views and Home classes -- and they are indeed generated as conversational:
  |
  |   | <page no-conversation-view-id="/WidgetList.xhtml"
  |   |                login-required="true">
  |   |    <begin-conversation join="true"/>
  |   |    <action execute="#{widgetHome.wire}"/>
  |   | ...
  |   |

That code ought to be in WidgetEdit.page.xml, which is for the edit page, which is conversational.  I think you'll find the WidgetList.page.xml file doesn't start a conversation.

I agree that if you are going to be editing a widget, you want it to happen in a new conversation.  And I'm pretty sure seamgen does this correctly.

In seamgen, if you're on an edit screen (in a conversation), the links to get out (either the menu or the cancel/done button) either end the conversation (cancel/done) or don't propagate it (menu.xhtml links).  So, the conversation won't be re-used the next time you edit or create a new widget.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4078091#4078091

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4078091