[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - Re: Jboss-4.0.3SP1 shutting down itself without any explicit

mark81 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Aug 26 17:20:56 EDT 2007

Unfortunately, JBoss shut itself down again today -- the -Xrs option is not helping my problem of JBoss shutting itself down.

Is this problem still happening for anyone?
Better yet, has anyone found a resolution?

A little more background:
- running 4.0.4GA
- running jdk 1.5_09-b03
- running CentOS 4.4
- using the jboss_init_redhat.sh script found in JBoss bin directory to start/stop server (we placed it in /etc/init.d and start/stop jboss with the following command: service jboss start).
- by default, jboss starts in runlevel 3 (which is what our server starts up in)

Like I said in the previous post, JBoss shuts down about once every two weeks (of otherwise continuous operation).

Our log files indicate a normal shutdown -- forceHalt: true etc etc, everything undeploys as if i called service jboss stop, and the shutdown is clean.  Our server also shuts down when there is no load -- our load today was essentially nothing at all and the server shut down.

Am I doing something wrong with using the jboss_init_redhat.sh script?  During development, I do sometimes start jboss from an SSH session, but on disconnect, jboss IS still running (and I thought it's like starting/stopping any other service, such as httpd, which is fine after doing so from an SSH session... ) (and a ps command yiels me '?' for the TTY for jboss's java process).

Thanks for any help, sorry to report the -Xrs option is NOT working for me...

Oh, and just to make sure it's clear, there's NO System.exit() calls in our code :-) (and the shutdowns happen when nothing is going on anyway)

-Mark

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4078170#4078170

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4078170