[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: Listening Database Failover

vickyk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 27 05:23:34 EDT 2007

At the rar level it can be done by adding the config-property-value

  | <config-property>
  |                <description>The configurable URLSelectorStrategy class name.</description>
  |              <config-property-name>UrlSelectorStrategyClassName</config-property-name>
  |              <config-property-type>java.lang.String</config-property-type>
  |              <config-property-value>your URL selector strategy ......</config-property-value>
  | </config-property>
http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/trunk/connector/src/resources/local-rar/META-INF/ra.xml

You don't need to play at the RAR level .

All you need is to have the following configuration at the ManagedConnectionFactory setting

  | <url-selector-strategy-class-name>org.demo.SampleUrlSelector</url-selector-strategy-class-name>

This is the entry you need to place in the -ds.xml file .
Right now I am not able to find the samples where I had tried it , I will give it a test this weekend and probabily update the wiki .

Also make sure that your custom code is made available to the server . You can jar it and drop it in the $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/lib directory .

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4078276#4078276

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4078276