[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: JBoss on JDK to use JSR199

Marco.Pehla do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 28 07:27:22 EDT 2007

JAVA_HOME points to my JDK. When I type in SET in the console it shows:

  | JAVA_HOME=C:\Programme\Java\jdk1.5.0_12

But this is not the point. As far as I know does JBoss not really need a JDK to run. The JRE is absolute sufficient if everything is compiled, as I read in some other posts. The Java compiler is only necessary for Tomcat in order to compile JSP's.

I could send you the two migrated JSR199 libraries. If you have time, you could try them in standalone applications and then e.g. in a EJB3 on JBoss.

I guess that only JBoss need to use the tools.jar library. (I know that tools.jar is in the classpath and inside is the Java compiler. This is specified in the run.bat file.)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4078696#4078696

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4078696