[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: impossible usecase?

obfuscator do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 28 09:04:02 EDT 2007

"matt.drees" wrote : No, you can't start multiple conversations in one request.   And I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want to; that's not what they're designed for.

  | As far as the post-it scenario, I don't think you want a separate backing bean for each post-it.  Wouldn't it make more sense to have a single PostItController that contains a list of PostIt objects?

@Matt: thanks for your suggestions. I actually didn't think of that solution,
but while a list seems to be a good solutions in most usecases, I'm dealing with
setting up a portal-like environment. Users can select from many different
cells, mixing and matching. This means that the different
post-its can be spread out over several different fragments of the page.
I guess I could have a cell-local variable that identifies the post-it and
then all post-its share the same controller, having a list of post-its.

This has one major drawback as I see it. I must always plan for
having several components, making all my backing beans contain collections.
This is not very productive, and forces another layer upon the design.

All I want to acheive is a contextual separation of cells, so that several
instances of the same cell can coexist, with the same business logic, but
with different state. Is the "one common backing bean" pattern the only
viable solution?

Thanks

PS. Thanks ellen for the tips. I appriciate your effort and I'm sure that
I'll use your tips in a later stage. DS.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4078740#4078740

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4078740