[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - jbossWS 2.0.1 and JDK 1.6

gumnaam do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 28 13:01:13 EDT 2007

The release notes of 2.0.1 say it was fixed to work with JDK 1.6.

How ever I can't get it to work with JDK 1.6 under jboss 4.0.5.

If I run against JDK 1.6, I get the error saying jaxb-api.jar ver. 2.0 is loaded from bootstrap classpath however the JAX RI requires ver 2.1. To override , use the endoresed mechanism.
This is a deployment error, i.e. the application is not deployed.

So I copied jaxb-api.jar and jaxws-api.jar to jboss/lib/endorsed directory, after this the application is deployed fine, but when I call the web service , I get
anonymous wrote :
  | aused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: setProperty must be overridden by all subclasses of SOAPMessage
  |         at javax.xml.soap.SOAPMessage.setProperty(SOAPMessage.java:424)
  |         at org.jboss.ws.core.soap.SOAPMessageImpl.(SOAPMessageImpl.java:67)
  |         at org.jboss.ws.core.soap.MessageFactoryImpl.createMessage(MessageFactoryImpl.java:161)
  |         at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.SOAPFaultHelperJAXWS.toSOAPMessage(SOAPFaultHelperJAXWS.java:232)
  |         at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.SOAPFaultHelperJAXWS.exceptionToFaultMessage(SOAPFaultHelperJAXWS.java:161)
  |         at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.binding.SOAP11BindingJAXWS.createFaultMessageFromException(SOAP11BindingJAXWS.java:104)

What exactly needs to be done to make JDK 1.6 work with Jbossws 2.0.1 ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4078886#4078886

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4078886