[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Modifying a process already in progress

lfelser do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 28 14:32:38 EDT 2007

This isn't a normal thing to do I realize, but I want to be able to modify the unreached parts of a process which is already part-way done.

This process includes tasknodes that have been reached, with some tasks created and ended and some created but not ended and some of course not yet created because the task node has not been reached.

My thought is to copy the running process instance's process definition and dummy up the nodes to look like they've reached the state of the process instance I want to modify. The tasks present a bit of a problem and I was thinking that I could just unhook the module instance that is the taskmanagementinstance from the old process and hook it to the new processinstance modeule instances. Does this sound like a bad idea?

Is there a better way in general to modify a running process?

Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4078902#4078902

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4078902