[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: pdf in Internet Explorer is not working

nhieb do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 29 04:58:09 EDT 2007

hey i found what was wrong. i saw in documentation that in order to iterate through collection, ui:iterate can be used. So i guess back then i assumed that ui:include can be used as well. i had pdf that was supposed to  show either pdf of one style or another. And that was done this way
  |             xmlns:ui="http://java.sun.com/jsf/facelets"
  |             xmlns:s="http://jboss.com/products/seam/taglib"
  |             xmlns:p="http://jboss.com/products/seam/pdf"
  |             xmlns:h="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html">
  |
  |     <h:panelGroup rendered="#{!pdfBean.defaultStyle}" >
  |         <ui:include src="/pdf/defaultPDF.xhtml"/>
  |     </h:panelGroup>
  |
  |     <h:panelGroup rendered="#{pdfBean.defaultStyle}" >
  |         <ui:include src="/pdf/anotherStylePDF.xhtml"/>
  |     </h:panelGroup>

And then each of xhtml documents were a pdf as well. I guess ui:include redirects the request, and now i am wondering why firefox was showing that correctly. anyway, the same thing can be achived this way, and this works in IE (at least on IE7)

<f:view xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"
  |             xmlns:ui="http://java.sun.com/jsf/facelets"
  |             xmlns:h="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html">
  |
  |     <h:panelGroup rendered="#{!pdfBean.defaultStyle}">
  |         <ui:include src="/pdf/defaultPDF.xhtml"/>
  |     </h:panelGroup>
  |
  |     <h:panelGroup rendered="#{pdfBean.defaultStyle}" >
  |         <ui:include src="/pdf/anotherStylePDF.xhtml"/>
  |     </h:panelGroup>
  | </f:view>

I hope it will help somebody someday :)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4079041#4079041