[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Modifying a process already in progress

lfelser do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 29 11:35:16 EDT 2007

I saw the subprocess capability, but have not looked into it in depth yet. I'll check it out to see if it applies. Of course, I'm looking to avoid a big code rewrite if I can.

Here's a scenario to consdier:

A (part of a) process has the following steps. The first step has to be completed (i.e. its task completed) before moving to the next step.

1) person A does task AA
2) persons B, C and D do tasks BB, CC and DD in parallel
3) person E does task EE

In the graph this looks like (very roughly) task node AA to fork node to task nodes BB, CC, DD to join node to task node EE. The process is started and gets to step 1. Now the process author decides he needs to add person Z to do task ZZ in parallel with persons B, C and D in step 2. He wants to just add this in to the running process. This is what I'm trying to solve.

LF

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4079240#4079240

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4079240