[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - s:selectItems problems Seam 2 Beta1

smithbstl do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 29 17:22:41 EDT 2007

I am having a strange problem with a selectOneMenu and s:selectItems

I have a series of menus that filter based on the previous selection.

  |     <h:selectOneMenu id="department_select" value="#{department}">
  | 	    <s:selectItems label="#{dept.departmentNumber} - #{dept.departmentName}"
  | 		value="#{allDepartments.resultList}"
  | 		var="dept"/>
  | 	    <s:convertEntity/>
  | 	    <a4j:support event="onchange"
  | 		actionListener="#{serviceRequestManager.fillDepartmentSectionList}"
  | 		ajaxSingle="true" reRender="departmentSection_select"/>
  |     </h:selectOneMenu>
  |
  |     <h:selectOneMenu id="departmentSection_select" value="#{departmentSection}">
  | 	    <s:selectItems label="#{deptSection.departmentSectionName}"
  | 		value="#{departmentSectionList}"
  | 		var="deptSection"
  | 		noSelectionLabel="(none)"/>
  | 	    <s:convertEntity/>
  | 	    <a4j:support event="onchange"
  | 		actionListener="#{serviceRequestManager.fillComplaintTypeList}"
  | 		ajaxSingle="true" reRender="complaintType_select"/>
  |     </h:selectOneMenu>
  |
  |     <h:selectOneMenu id="complaintType_select" value="#{sectionComplaintType}">
  | 	<s:selectItems label="#{sectionComplaint.complaintType.complaintTypeDescription}"
  | 		value="#{sectionComplaintTypeList}"
  | 	    var="sectionComplaint"
  | 	    noSelectionLabel="(none)"/>
  | 	<s:convertEntity/>
  |     </h:selectOneMenu>

The first menu filters the second, the second filters the third.  This was working using under Seam 1.2

When I select from the first box, the second is filtered no problem.  When I select the second, I get an error message

"value is not valid"

during either the Apply Request Values or Process Validations phase.  No stack trace.

My actionListener is never called.  When i choose the "(none)" noSelectionLabel, the actionListener is called.

Any idea what is going on?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4079351#4079351

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4079351