[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: Cannot open co

robin.hultman do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 30 03:40:19 EDT 2007

I have a SFSB with this factory:

  |     public void getUserSubscriptions() {
  |         userSubscriptions = em.createQuery("FROM Subscription s WHERE s.user.sign=:sign ORDER BY s.prio")
  |         	.setParameter("sign", getCurrentUser().getSign())
  |         	.getResultList();
  |     }

This collection is used as value for a datatable and works fine. When I click a button in which triggers an action in which userSubscriptions is accessed again I get:

  | 2007-08-30 09:22:49,843 INFO  [org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultLoadEventListener] Error performing load command
  | org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: Cannot open connection
  | Caused by: org.jboss.util.NestedSQLException: Transaction is not active:

To me "Cannot open connection" indicates some problem with the database  but thats not possible since I do a lot of other db operations.

I think I can get around this problem by doing the transactions manually but do I really want to do that? I've had a lot of problems with this in my application so any tips would be most appreciated =).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4079448#4079448

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4079448