[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Unrelated constructors being called

damianharvey do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 30 10:07:40 EDT 2007

We've been having some problems with Seam and Ajax4JSF lately that result in data on the page being lost (similar to this
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBSEAM-1832?page=comments#action_12374369)

As a consequence we have been putting constructors in many of our home classes (that extend EntityHome) so we can see what might be going on:
public RateRequestLineItemHome() {
  |    super();
  |    System.out.println("*********** RateRequestLineItemHome Constructor ***********");
  | }
We are then seeing these constructors fired on seemingly unconnected pages - ie. no references to the object from the page, page.xml, object itself; etc.

Is this just normal operation of the Seam framework or is there something that I am missing?

Many thanks,

Damian.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4079624#4079624

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4079624