[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: s:selectItems problems Seam 2 Beta1

smithbstl do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 30 10:23:33 EDT 2007

Ok, it has something to do with department.departmentSectionList

I replaced the middle select box to use a crud entity query instead (I removed the first box so the second is not filtered at all)

Strangely it works with the entity query

This DOES NOT WORK
    <h:selectOneMenu id="departmentSection_select" value="#{departmentSection}">
  | 	    <s:selectItems label="#{deptSection.departmentSectionName}"
  | 		value="#{department.departmentSectionList}"
  | 		var="deptSection"
  | 		noSelectionLabel="(none)"/>
  | 	    <s:convertEntity/>
  | 	    <a4j:support event="onchange"
  | 		ajaxSingle="true" reRender="complaintType_select"/>
  |     </h:selectOneMenu>

Here is the new selectOneMenu that works (see the value of s:selectItems for the difference)

  |     <h:selectOneMenu id="departmentSection_select" value="#{departmentSection}">
  | 	    <s:selectItems label="#{deptSection.departmentSectionName}"
  | 		value="#{allDepartmentSections.resultList}"
  | 		var="deptSection"
  | 		noSelectionLabel="(none)"/>
  | 	    <s:convertEntity/>
  | 	    <a4j:support event="onchange"
  | 		ajaxSingle="true" reRender="complaintType_select"/>
  |     </h:selectOneMenu>

Why does it not work when lazy loading the departmentSectionList from Department?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4079632#4079632

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4079632