[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam 2.0B1: selectItems, convertEntity, and lazy fetchin

enda do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 30 18:59:52 EDT 2007

Maybe you have similar problem :)

Scenario: Lazy fetching & equality So the problem was that our component selectOneMenu could not getSelected object and was returning no item selected But when I was trying to display value by inputText or whatever the value was there? I was debugging MenuRenderer and I was receiving null data values in object instance, what was the problem? Problem was that our entity object was implementing equals method, but method was comparing this.name().equals(country.name()) instead of this.getName().equals(country.getName()) as a proxy object it just was not initialized and was not fetched, so getXXX forces hibernate to fetch data

   @Override
   public boolean equals(Object other) {
       if (this == other) {
           return true;
       }
       if (!(other instanceof Country)) {
           return false;
       }
       final Country country = (Country) other;
       if (this.getName() != null) {
           return this.getName().equals(country.getName());
       }
       return false;
   }

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4079799#4079799