[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - How to use application owns log4.properties in JBoss 3.2.8?

cyclops49 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 31 02:57:11 EDT 2007

JBoss 3.2.8 SP1

I've exported an EAR includes log4j v1.2.6 and my own properties file from WSAD 5.1, and I define my own log files in log4j.properties with

log4j.appender.dest1.File=logs/TOPSUN1_AP_0.log
log4j.appender.dest2.File=logs/console0.log

and it's working in WSAD test environment

but when I deploy into JBoss and startup server, and I found the message on JBoss consloe:
D:\JBoss\server\issn\tmp\deploy\tmp40386TopApps.ear-contents\TopAppsWeb.war\\log4j.properties

seems JBoss found my own log4.properties...
BUT my own log files was NOT created!?
There is ONLY I can find is JBoss's log files defined in log4j.xml

And I try to follow http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossBootLogging to setup JBoss

but it appeared the mesage:
WARN  [org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentInfo] Only
the root deployment can set the loader repository, ignoring
config=LoaderRepositoryConfig...

Does anyone can tell me how to make JBoss to use my own log4.properties in the application?

many thx

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4079848#4079848

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4079848