[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Problems with scopes

wise_guybg do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 31 03:38:40 EDT 2007

Zdravei,

It's reasonable to think that the skin initialization takes place at application start up.

Besides, setting a context-param with a bean (user) in a scope other than application or session looks strange to me. This is an initialization parameter after all.

I suppose that org.ajax4jsf.framework.skin.SkinBean stays in the session/application scope and is responsible for managing the skin. You can try to use that bean to change the skin according to what the user has selected after the login takes place. I think this is what you're trying to do in your code. Here is an example I found with Google:
<h:selectOneRadio binding="#{skinBean.component}" />
  | <h:commandLink action="#{skinBean.change}" value="set skin" />

You can also spend some time on loading a skin for the login page using the browser cookie.

For start, I would suggest checking out how to programatically change the skin after login (web.xml is not the place).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4079853#4079853

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4079853