[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Problems with scopes

wise_guybg do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 31 04:09:46 EDT 2007

The bean they specify in the pdf is session scoped:
<managed-bean>
  | 	<managed-bean-name>infoBean</managed-bean-name>
  | 	<managed-bean-class>sample.InfoBean</managed-bean-class>
  | 	<managed-bean-scope>session</managed-bean-scope>
  | 	<managed-property>
  | 		<property-name>skin</property-name>
  | 		<value>classic</value>
  | 	</managed-property>
  | </managed-bean>

The expression you specify in web.xml must point to a session bean. Your user bean will not be initialized at login I suppose.

You can create a session bean and store the skin name there. As I suggested before the SkinBean can be used for that purpose too. When your user logs in, you simply set the skin name of that bean. Then you will have that:
anonymous wrote : the skin is initialized at the beginning of each request and the skin name is taken from the expression you specify in web.xml

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4079864#4079864

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4079864