[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: EAR Scoped PersistenceUnit

mzeijen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 31 04:27:40 EDT 2007

I discovered that in AS 4.2 with a JEE5 application.xml file all normal jars in the Lib process are added to the classpath but the file containing the persistence.xml needs to be added to the application.xml as a java module.

I also found a workaround for my Global persistence unit. By using some life cycle interceptor and a custom annotation I inject the persistence context from the JNDI into the persistence manager field. The injector finds the JNDI path of the persistence context via a configuration file that I put on the classpath in lib aEJB3Lib.jar. This way i can reuse my DAOEJB3Lib.jar and on runtime tell it which persistence unit to use.

But I still think that it is a bug that persistence units become global. What do you think?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4079871#4079871

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4079871