[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: How to configure JGroups on hosts with redundant network

bela@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 31 05:44:13 EDT 2007

#1 You want to uncomment FD, as pull-the-plug scenarios are not detected by FD_SOCK alone

#2 Although JGroups can send and receive multicasts on multiple network interfaces, it still have a unicast socket which defines the member's address, and is bound to a single interface (e.g. eth0). If you pull eth0, then this address will not be usable on certain, not all operaing systems

#3 As we currently don't have logical addresses (I might add them in a future release of JGroups), your best bet is to use IP Bonding (Linux), or similar tech on different operating systems.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4079897#4079897

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4079897