[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: JMSMessageID in Messaging cluster

beve do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 31 09:20:28 EDT 2007

Hi,
we are calling the gettting the JMSMessageID after the send method returns. My understanding is that the jms provider will generate the JMSMessageID when it receives the message. The id looks like a valid id (it is not "ID:JBM-0").

The senario we have is that when a consumer retrieves the jms message from a clustered queue, the message id is not the same as the one the client has. Thus correlation using the message id does not work and one has to set a custom correlation id on the message prior to sending.

Yes, this we are currently using a custom genererated GUID to correlate the messages and this works fine.

The reason for posting is  that we have been been correlating messages using the message id with JBoss ESB, and with version 1.3 this worked as expected. Could you just confirm that we can no longer do this and the only option for clients is to use a custom correlation id? We need to make changes to relect this.

Thanks,

Daniel

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4079994#4079994

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4079994