[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: CMS

sohil.shah@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 31 09:58:35 EDT 2007

anonymous wrote :
  | It's weird because I can't write anything at the root of the CMS repository. I get an AccessDenidedException even if I have Administrator privileges. I can validate that I have those privileges because they get written in the database.

This maybe a possible bug if the user you are logged in as belongs to the "Administrators" group. This group should be able to create resources at the CMS root which is '/' path.
I will have to evaluate this further

anonymous wrote :
  | I've also tried to monitor the database logs and I confirm that when I create elements in the repository, they don't get created in the database. Only an access rights validation is done.

Resources will be created in the CMS repository stored in the database only after it passes the validation in the security layer. In your usecase, you are not getting passed that.

anonymous wrote :
  | I can't even find where the data gets written when I create elements in the CMS repository. I can't find it's trace in the DB, nor in the file system. Does it get created in memory but JBoss cache blocks it from beeing written ? How can I verify that ?

The CMS data is stored in the database. You will see it if it gets passed the security checkpoint, but that seems to be a problem in your usecase right now.

As a possible workaround until I look into this, you can log in as the core 'admin' user shipped with the portal, and you should be able to create resources at the root level.

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4080014#4080014

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4080014