[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: preferences in portlet-instances.xml

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 31 11:25:37 EDT 2007

Personally, I have found that making changes in the configuration files is not a guarantee that those changes will be reflected in the portal on restart. Therefore I always start with a clean install when I make such changes. Of course I have the luxury of being able to do so because usually I am experimenting with non-production portals. In a production portal, I rely on the Management Portlet to make any such changes. Works every time. And when you think about it, using the configuration files to perform an initial load of your portlet and then using the Management Portlet to tweak and modify the configuration is a very logical way of approaching portal management.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4080049#4080049

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4080049