[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Can Seam Remoting use JSON over XML?

samdoyle do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Dec 1 10:52:03 EST 2007

I have usually found it easier to create a separate class for returning resultsets since there is most of the time a lot to strip out. Even so the verbosity and inclusion of metadata in the response really increases the response size.

We had a case where we had a large set of data being requested and the remoting response ended up to be 500k and the loading time was not acceptable. As a result we were required to create a custom solution.

On the topic of remoting can you tell me what the status is of the JavaScript JMS topic subscription is? We have done some prototyping using server side push with DWR and decided this is pretty much the direction we want to go in. The JMS topic subscription in Seam has always been classified as experimental. Is this still the case?

S.D.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4109541#4109541

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4109541