[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Bug unmarshalling an array in a jaxrpc service

klease do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Dec 2 11:14:40 EST 2007

I have a bug unmarshalling an array of objects in a jaxrpc webservice.
Here is the incoming soap message. I am passing a collection of ProductA objects where ProductA is a subclass of Product.

<env:Envelope xmlns:env='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/'>
  |  <env:Header/>
  |  <env:Body>
  |   <ns1:purchase xmlns:ns1='http://org.jboss.ws/samples/docstyle/wrapped/types' xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'>
  |    <String_1>Karen</String_1>
  |    <arrayOfProduct_2 xsi:type='ns1:ProductA'>
  |     <name>cyfac</name>
  |     <price>3000</price>
  |    </arrayOfProduct_2>
  |    <arrayOfProduct_2 xsi:type='ns1:ProductA'>
  |     <name>look</name>
  |     <price>5000</price>
  |    </arrayOfProduct_2>
  |    <arrayOfProduct_2 xsi:type='ns1:ProductA'>
  |     <name>GOSPORT</name>
  |     <price>1000</price>
  |    </arrayOfProduct_2>
  |   </ns1:purchase>
  |  </env:Body>
  | </env:Envelope>

The relevant part of the schema looks like this:
   <complexType name='purchase'>
  |     <sequence>
  |      <element name='String_1' nillable='true' type='string'/>
  |      <element maxOccurs='unbounded' minOccurs='0' name='arrayOfProduct_2' nillable='true' type='tns:Product'/>
  |     </sequence>
  |    </complexType>
  |
  |    <complexType name='Product'>
  |     <sequence>
  |      <element name='name' nillable='true' type='string'/>
  |     </sequence>
  |    </complexType>
  |
  |    <complexType name='ProductA'>
  |     <complexContent>
  |      <extension base='tns:Product'>
  |       <sequence>
  |        <element name='price' type='int'/>
  |       </sequence>
  |      </extension>
  |     </complexContent>
  |    </complexType>
  |
  |    <complexType name='purchaseA'>
  |     <sequence>
  |      <element name='String_1' nillable='true' type='string'/>
  |      <element maxOccurs='unbounded' minOccurs='0' name='arrayOfProductA_2' nillable='true' type='tns:ProductA'/>
  |     </sequence>
  |    </complexType>

The behavior in the service is that only the last element of the Product sequence is received in the purchase method.

If I use the purchaseA method which expects a collection of ProductA as argument, the result is correct.

The bug seems related to JBXB-96 which is marked as fixed. My purchase() method works with the 1.0.0.GA version of jboss-xml-binding (which was included with jboss 4.2.1.GA, jbossws-1.2.1.GA), but fails in 1.0.0.SP1 (aka CR11) which has the fix for JBXB-96. So it fails with all the jbossws-2.0.x versions.

I also looked at the test case created for this bug (org.jboss.test.xml.XsiTypeUnitTestCase). It works, but in that case, the collection of objects is the only content of the message. I modified the test case to add a wrapper object with a member appearing before the collection. That testcase fails in the same way as my webservice; only the last element of the collection appears in the parent object.

Karen Lease

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4109647#4109647

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4109647