[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: ExtJs and JBoss Seam with web remoting

cvigouroux do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 3 05:16:32 EST 2007

Hi mgrouch,

At our company, we are going to use ExtJS and Seam (develoment starting in 3 weeks), and I'm really interested in the ExtJS + Seam Remoting Combo. What is your feedback right now about those technologies ? Do you have a clue about performance (I saw you posted a thread about bad JSF/EL performances, do you have a similar problem with Seam Remoting) ?

Did you find any working examples ? I'm wondering which technology to use for populating and retreiving grids' datasources ? XML, arrays, other way ?

In fact, we plan to use ExtJS's editable datagrid, so we need to pass back the values of the datagrid to seam. I'll try to put an exemple here if we succeed to do it in a clean way...

We will not use GWT-ext or MyGWT for our project (not enough mature in my opinion). Meanwhile, did you tried it ?

Lots of questions here, but if we manage to do it well, I'll post some exemples of a working integration.

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4109754#4109754

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4109754