[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Can we save custom variables in a ProcessDefinition

npe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 3 05:45:00 EST 2007

Hi all,

As far as I understood all the doc I could found and the subject of this topic, it's impossible to store variables at the process definition level.
It means that you have to instantiate and eventually initialize the variables each time you instantiate a process instance.
Can someone confirm this please ?

Moreover it means that the only way to store variables in the process definition (which in fact means variable that will be used and defined in every instance of this process) is to set an action that will be executed by the start state to link variable to the instance. Is that correct ?

The thing is that in the functional problem i'm dealing with i want to set at design time the variables that will be used by every instance, so I do not want to create variables for each instance.

Thanks for your time.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4109769#4109769

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4109769