[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam-managed persistence context Versus EJB3 persistence con

segev do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 3 06:04:47 EST 2007

We are conducting a “spike” on Seam 2.0.0.GA (JBoss, Richfaces and hibernate) for a new project.
We decided to use the Seam-managed persistence context (instead of the EJB3 extended PersistenceContext) for the following reasons:
The flexibility to inject the context to DAO components (which are not session beans)
Recommendations in the Seam reference manual 8.3.

We discovered that for a stateful session beans configured with a scope of “SESSION” the switch from EJB3 extended context (PersistenceContext(type=EXTENDED) to seam injected context @In(value ="entityManager") , we need to define the scope of the injected entity manager to “SESSION” . If we don’t do that, by default it is assigned a “CONVESATION” scope and the stateful session bean does not exhibit the correct transactional behaviour.

The question is - can we still use the same entity manger component for conversational beans or should we define another entity manager component with the default “Conversation” scope?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4109779#4109779

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4109779