[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Redirect to a specific portal after login

ameo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 4 05:51:14 EST 2007

"bvogt" wrote :
  | Do you need to "redirect" to a different portal or page within a portal?
  |
  | Have you thought about using portal permissions for hiding pages, I mean do you really need more than one portal?

Our users have the possibility to create portal pages. They can close and open portal pages and work with them. The portal page can be only seen by the user which was created from. The user can create any number of pages and the number of pages could be very large, if we only use one portal for all users. Think there could be performance problems for the portal, to read all page objects  and to decide to show or hide them.

Instead I had the idea to create for every user this own portal. The permission handling is easier und the pages are less than the other solution. Therefore I need the redirection to redirect after a login to the user portal.

Another solution could be to use the dashboard as userportal. Maybe the better solution. Here I have the problem, to update the dashboard, see please post at http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=124909

"bvogt" wrote :
  | I can imagine, that defining a custom PortalCommandFactory (to handle your selection logic) shall work.

Can you tell me please where I can find more info about a custom PortalCommandFactory ?

I think that I need something that acts between the login and the redirection.

thanks for answers,
ameo

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4110128#4110128

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4110128