[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - How obtaining data from a select box

haefti do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 4 14:04:13 EST 2007

Hi!
I'm pretty new to Seam and try to go through the book and the examples.
No I have a problem. I wonder how I can display data from a database table in a select box which allows me to choose one element and edit this entry.
I tried

  | <h:selectOneListbox>

for the select element
and

  | <s:selectItems>
  | <s:convertEntity>

for the data which works but as I read here several times here <s:selectItems> lacks an itemValue attribute so the value attribute of the rendered option elements can not be set to the id of the displayed data for example.
I think this is necessary for me if I want to choose one item and use the chosen id as parameter to modify the selected element.

Does anyone have an idea or an alternative way to display data in a select box and choose an item?

Thanks!

Haefti

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4110300#4110300

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4110300