[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - Re: Maven 2 plugin?

mc.coder do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 4 18:43:49 EST 2007

I'm a new user of JBoss AOP and was introduced to it through my growing use of JBoss Cache.  I have a few questions and your help is appreciated.

I've read through this thread and whatever else I could find on setting the classpath for the maven-jbossaop-plugin compiler, but I am still unable to get it to work properly.  I am trying to compile a class with the maven aop plugin which relies on other classes that are contained in jar files.  The jar dependencies in question are reffered to in my pom, but the maven plugin is not adding my pom dependencies to the compiler classpath.  It looks to me as though it is setting it's classpath by including only the dependencies in the maven-jbossaop-plugin pom.

To understand why this might be happening I took a look at the code for JBossAOPCMojo.java in the svn repository (http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/aop/trunk/maven-jbossaop-plugin/src/main/java/org/jboss/maven/plugins/JBossAOPCMojo.java)
and if I am looking at the latest version of the code it looks like the code that would have added the project artifact dependencies is commented out in the createClassPathList method.

1. Is this commented out for a reason?  Is there any chance that you guys can provide a quick fix for this?  It looks like uncommenting this might give me the behavior that I need.  Please correct me if I'm wrong in my assumption.  I need the ability to compile classes that have dependencies on jars.

2. What is the official repository location and version number of the maven-jbossaop-plugin that we should be using?

3. I'd appreciate any links to docs that you may have on this plugin that cover configuration or other aspects of usage.  I haven't had much luck finding references on my own.  I have tried adding  elements inside of the  element in my plugin definition with no luck.

Thanks,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4110374#4110374

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4110374