[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Re: Higher JMSPriority not stepping in front of lower JMSPri

seoeng do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 5 12:31:58 EST 2007

Ok, I think I have figured out what JBoss is doing.  I am using 4.2.2GA.

Here is the new use case I used:

1. Send JMS Message with JMSPriority 4 to Queue
2. Send JMS Message with JMSPriority 4 to Queue
3. Send JMS Message with JMSPriority 4 to Queue
4. Send JMS Message with JMSPriority 7 to Queue

The MDB (Bean-Managed) is processing as follows:

1. Receives JMS Message #1, starts processing
2. Receives JMS Message #2, starts processing
3. Receives JMS Message #4, starts processing
4. Receives JMS Message #3, starts processing

NOTE: All messages are queued before MDB finishes #1.

What behavior is expected:

1. Receives JMS Message #1, starts processing
2. Receives JMS Message #4, starts processing
3. Receives JMS Message #2, starts processing
4. Receives JMS Message #3, starts processing

It appears that JBoss is queuing up a message before the MDB even processes it.  So a higher priority message must wait what appears to be the invoker-proxy-binding's  # of messages before it jumps in front.

This doesn't make sense to me, wouldn't you want a higher priority message to jump in front immediately?  Is there a way around this, i.e. am I not setting the configuration correctly for my desired result?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4110626#4110626

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4110626