[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - seam-gen, javax.el.PropertyNotFoundException when running Se

thoman23 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 5 13:35:44 EST 2007

Hello everybody,

I am brand new to Seam.  I have been evaluating it for a few days, and I'm very excited by the possibilities.  However, I keep running into an issue with seam-gen.

When I deploy a Seam example, like the seam-registration example, it works fine when I use the example build script "ant explode" or "ant deploy" targets.  However, if I create an empty project using seam-gen, and then copy in the "src" and "view" files from the example to the seam-gen shell, I get the following error when clicking a command button in the application:

Exception during request processing:
Caused by javax.servlet.ServletException with message: "/register.xhtml @17,84 value="#{user.username}": Target Unreachable, identifier 'user' resolved to null"
Caused by javax.el.PropertyNotFoundException with message: "/register.xhtml @17,84 value="#{user.username}": Target Unreachable, identifier 'user' resolved to null"

This happens both with the command line seam-gen and the Eclipse seam tools plugin.  I am sure others must run into this as well, but I can't find the exact resolution to the problem posted anywhere.

Can someone please help me get past this?  I'd really like to use seam-gen more in my evaluation.

Thanks,

Anthony

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4110641#4110641

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4110641