[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Re: AXIS Web Service Cannot Perform JNDI Lookup/Cast

cmpaul do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 5 18:06:43 EST 2007

Hi Jaikiran, thanks for your response.

I found a workaround to my issue:

AXIS required myjar.jar to be in the WEB-INF/lib directory in order to compile the web service class, but once compiled, the presence of this jar was preventing me from being able to do a successful JNDI lookup inside that web service class (due to the class cast exception mentioned above).

To get around this, I have been providing AXIS with a compiled version of that web service class (in the WEB-INF/jwsClasses directory). I just deploy the .class file with the rest of my webapp. AXIS sees this and doesn't attempt to compile the .jws file, and there are also no class loader conflicts with the presence of the additional myjar.jar.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4110691#4110691

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4110691