[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - Re: Maven 2 plugin?

stale.pedersen@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 6 04:52:20 EST 2007

hi, thanks for using the aop plugin and providing feedback all. ill try to answer some of the questions / responses here. first of all i just want to say that im sorry i havent released a final version of the plugin and provided more info/docs. we are pushing hard to finish jboss aop 2.0 and the maven plugin issues have a lower priority atm. - but my goal is to provide the final plugin and docs at the same time we release 2.0. bear with me :)

elysch, thanks for the info on how to create and .aop package. i've been thinking of making a plugin that does it, but the example you provided was so clear that i might drop it :)

mc.coder, ill try to answer your questions here:
1: hm, its strange that you have troubles with this. ive tested locally a few times with a class that used a project dependency and it works just fine. the only issue is if you extend/implement a class thats a project dependency. then you'll get the problem you're describing.
but please post a small example which describes your problem. if i can reproduce it i've probably overlooked something.
regarding the issue when you extend/implement a class thats a project dependency i will add a option that'll be possible to configure from the xml which will include the project dependency to the aop classpath.
- atm i thought it should be defaulted as off, but if you can provide a example that im wrong i can easily be presuaded :)
take a look at the comments here http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAOP-453 for more info.

2. ive only put up snapshots. so the location i use is:
<dependency>
  |   <groupId>org.jboss.maven.plugins</groupId>
  |   <artifactId>maven-jbossaop-plugin</artifactId>
  |   <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  | </dependency>
and
<repository>
  |   <id>snapshots.jboss.org</id>
  |   <name>JBoss Maven Snapshot Repository</name>
  |   <url>http://snapshots.jboss.org/maven2</url>
  | </repository>
3. there isnt much information except in this thread im afraid. my goal is to provide maven plugin examples to all the examples we provide in our distro. - i just have to finish some core issues first.
try to explain what you want to do (examples are always nice) and ill try to help, and if i cant there are other in this thread thats shown that they can a lot of maven too :)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4110773#4110773

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4110773