[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: FileCacheLoader not evicting?

manik.surtani@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 6 09:12:53 EST 2007

"arjan" wrote : Okay, well I didn't expect it to work that way :( .

You should have read the manual then.  :-)  That is precisely how it is designed to work.

The cache is an in-memory one which can be backed up onto disk using a CacheLoader.  Eviction removes stuff from memory to free up memory and prevent OOMs.  But it will not remove stuff from disk so state is not lost.

What you want is EXPIRATION, not eviction.  We don't support expiry from disk at the moment, but if you want all you need is to add a timestamp to the attribute of each node in the cache, and have a separate thread run periodically, walk the tree and inspect the timestamps of each node, and do a cache.remove() on expired nodes.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4110849#4110849

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4110849