[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Nesting h:dataTable (Can't be done?)

jtsimikas do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 6 14:32:18 EST 2007

I removed the inner <h:dataTable> and this now allows the outer <h:dataTable> to work properly when previously it was not.

So it seems you CAN NOT nest <h:dataTables>.

Although no error messages of any kind are displayed (c'mon how about some error messages).    After setting breakpoints in the setters, I found only one set of datatable's setters were being called.

When I had the nested tables, the inner datatable setters were called but not the outer datatable.  When I removed the inner datatable, the outer datatable setters then got called.

This means, I now have to construct another web page for the inner <h:dataTable>.  I can't say that I'm really excited about doing this.

Has anybody worked with nested <h:datatables> and got it working.
If so can you please......................

reply with some code that I can look at.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4110979#4110979

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4110979