[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Delayed Message Sucking

timfox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 6 14:38:48 EST 2007

"chip_schoch" wrote : W1 and W2 post response messages to response queue (Q2) on L1.

Ok so you've posted your messages to clustered response queue Q2 on L1

anonymous wrote :
  |  The MessageConsumer.receive() called by the L1 service receives the response messages it is waiting for.

Yes L1 should receive all the response messages

anonymous wrote :
  |   The MessageConsumer.receive() called by the L2 service never returns.  The response messages that L2 is waiting for are stuck on L1-Q2.

If the messages are on Q2 on L1 the consumer on L1 should receive them all. A clustered queue *always* favours local consumers. I wouldn't expect the consumer on L2 to receive any of them

anonymous wrote :
  | Eventually, they are sucked over to L2-Q2 and L2 finally receives them.

I guess this happens when you close the consumer on L1?

If you want your response queue to be only usable by your connection, you can use the distributed request/response pattern.

I.e. create a clustered temporary queue and pass that as the "replyTo" header in the message.

When the message is consumed, a reply is sent back to the destination that's specified in that header.

Sounds like that's what you want to do.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4110981#4110981

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4110981