[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Delayed Message Sucking

chip_schoch do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 6 15:15:20 EST 2007

anonymous wrote :
  | If the messages are on Q2 on L1 the consumer on L1 should receive them all. A clustered queue *always* favours local consumers. I wouldn't expect the consumer on L2 to receive any of them

Hmm...  Sometimes it receives all, sometimes some messages.  I have been testing by sending 10 messages at a time, 5 are queued to L1-Q1 and 5 are queued to L2-Q1.  Each L server has a service that has a local thread pool in which each thread sends a message then calls MessageConsumer.receive() on Q2.  All the response messages are queued to L1-Q2 but only half of them are comsumed by the L1 MessageConsumer.receive() threads.  The others get consumed by L2-Q2 MessageConsumer.receive().  In the cases when they are not being consumed there is no consumers on L1-Q2 but 5 consumers on L2-Q2.  I assumed they should be getting sucked over to L2-Q2.  I wonder why they are sometimes.

Could you elaborate on you suggested solution a bit?  When you suggest using a clustered temporary queue then aren't I losing my persistence on the response message?  Maybe I don't need it?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4110989#4110989

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4110989